Posted on 2 October 2017
Dear Participants of Wakhal Photo Contest,
Thank you for your overwhelming response to Wakhal Global Mega Photo Contest. Our first round of public voting finished on 30th September and your photo entries are currently being voted by our four designated judges. Please note that Wakhal designated judges do not have any information of the photographers but they only look at the originality, technical excellence, composition, artistic merit & overall impact of the photos when giving their votes.
We will follow the below steps for selecting the photos for our final round of voting to decide the most popular photos, best caption visitor and best social message photograph.
(1) Select 25 top voted photos from the 1st round voting. These 25 photos will be given an equivalent of 1 judge vote.
(2) Each judge will independently vote 25 photos from the photo entries.
(3) Based on this voting, a photo entry can have maximum 5 judge equivalent votes. Our cut of votes for final round of voting will be 2 judge equivalent votes. That means a photo will be selected for final voting round if it is voted by at least 2 judges (public vote Judge or Wakhal designated judges) from the first round voting.
(4) The Photos which qualify for final round voting will be authenticated for originality before the final fresh voting. They will be available on a new Wakhal Contest Gallery for one month for final voting. The winner for the most popular photograph will be entirely decided by the new vote counts in the final round of voting.
(5) The best caption prize will be given to the visitor who has given the best caption to one of the photos in the final gallery and the winner will be decided by wakhal designated judges. We encourage you to reach to your friend circle to visit this gallery and vote their favorite photos and caption of the photos. Please note that this prize is not for the photographer but for the visitor who have captioned the photo.
(6) The best social message winner will be given to a photograph and this will be chosen by our designated judges and this will be chosen from the selected photos for the final round of voting. Judges will take into consideration the photographic aspect as well as visitor’s captions in deciding this winner.
This selection process is pictorially explained in the attached diagram.
We will be shortly announcing the list of photographs for final voting. Please stay tuned to Wakhal.com.
Wakhal Community – #wakhalishere